Intelligent XBRL-based Digital Financial Reporting
Everything you would ever want to know about intelligent XBRL-based digital financial reporting in one place! Accumulated, organized, refactored, synthanized, and simplified over 15 years of creating XBRL, building XBRL taxonomies, creating XBRL software, and working with XBRL; this resource will help you understand how to effectively make use of XBRL for financial reporting.
Note that all of this material is considered property of the public domain.
Download the entire resource, Intelligent XBRL-based Digital Financial Reporting (about 30 meg)
Download each PART individually:
- Introduction: Title page and introduction.
- Part 1 - Foundation for Understanding: Background, Framework, Theory, Principles: This part provides you with important background information and a framework necessary to effectively understand XBRL-based digital financial reporting.
- Part 2 - Conceptual Model of a Digital Financial Report: Explains the conceptual model of a digital financial report.
- Part 3 - Working with Digital Financial Reports: Walks you through using software for viewing, validating, creating (coming soon), and querying/analyzing digital financial reports. Summary of report creation best practices.
- Part 4 - Examples and Samples: Numerous hiqh-quality examples of XBRL-based digital financial reports and fragments of such reports.
- Part 5 - Important Technical and Other Details: Technical details and other information useful to software developers and those wanting a deep understanding of XBRL.
- Part 1 - Foundation for Understanding: Background, Framework, Theory, Principles
- Conceptual Overview of an XBRL-based, Structured, Digital Financial Report
- Digital Financial Reporting General Principles
- Introduction to Knowledge Engineering for Professional Accountants
- Comprehensive Introduction to Business Rules
- Comprehensive Introduction to Problem Solving Logic
- Comprehensive Introduction to Expert Systems
- Comprehensive Introduction to Intelligent Software Agents
- Digitizing Financial Reports
- Overview of Professional Accountant's Interests, Perspective, Position, and Risks
- Understanding Other Moving Parts of Digital
- Part 2 - Conceptual Model of a Digital Financial Report
- Introduction to Conceptual Model of a Digital Financial Report
- Understanding Mechanics of an SEC-type XBRL-based Digital Financial Report
- Reference for Financial Report Conceptual Model Elements
- Reference for Financial Report Conceptual Model Domain Semantics
- Digging into Slots, Blocks and the Mechanics of a Business Report
- Understanding Fundamental Accounting Concepts and Reporting Styles
- Understanding Concept Arrangement Patterns, Member Arrangement Patterns, and Report Fragment Arrangement Patterns
- Introducing a Few Advanced Aspects of the Digital Financial Report Conceptual Model
- Additional Resources for Getting Started
- Part 3 - Working with Digital Financial Reports
- Part 4 - Examples and Samples
- Part 5 - Important Technical and Other Details
- Special or Specific Modelling Considerations
- Reconciliation of Models
- Financial Report Semantic Object Properties
- Report Element Properties
- Analysis of 6,751 XBRL-based Public Company 10-Ks Submitted to SEC
- Top XBRL Technical Syntax Related Modeling Tips
- Notion of Profiles, General Application Profile, and NOLAP
Please send comments, ideas, suggestions, and other feedback to me if you like.