« Big Data Timeline | Main | XBRL-Based Financial Report Ontology Prototype »

Updated XBRL-Based Financial Report Ontology Prototype

Yesterday I posted this.  I adjusted this creating the following significant updates.

  1. I added presentation relations for everything.
  2. I created one schema which combines everything together, see "All Combined" below.
  3. I changed the cycles attribute on the arcroles I am providing from "none" to "undirected". I was getting some cycle errors; the cycles are OK where I have them.
  4. I updated the Financial Report Ontology a bit, adjusting and adding some things.

Here are the most current versions: (If you are not technical but interested in this, you want this HTML.)

  • All combined: XSD | HTML | XML
  • Financial Report Ontology (fro): XSD | HTML | XML
  • Topics: XSD
  • Disclosures: XSD
  • Key ratios: XSD
  • Fundamental accounting concepts (fac): XSD
  • Fundamental accounting concept rules (XBRL Calculations): XSD
  • Fundamental accounting concept rules (XBRL Formula): XBRL Formula
  • Map US GAAP XBRL Taxonomy to fundamental accounting concepts: XBRL Definitions
  • Arcroles (which provide semantics): XSD

What I want to do next is decouple the schemas and linkbases, making this more modular.  I have documentation and references for a lot of stuff, want to provide that and references.

Most of this information is in a Microsoft Access database. All the XBRL is generated via software, no XBRL taxonomy editor necessary.

PrintView Printer Friendly Version

EmailEmail Article to Friend

Reader Comments

There are no comments for this journal entry. To create a new comment, use the form below.

PostPost a New Comment

Enter your information below to add a new comment.

My response is on my own website »
Author Email (optional):
Author URL (optional):
All HTML will be escaped. Hyperlinks will be created for URLs automatically.