(These URLs will be deprecated soon, please see this summary here for improved examples.)
The first set of examples provided a comparison across entities, but was for one small part of a financial report, the breakdown of net income (loss) by total, parent portion and noncontrolling interest portion. The second set of examples showed more parts of the financial report, but was still across entities.
This third set of examples provides information about one entity across multiple periods:
- General information
- Balance sheet summary information
- Income statement summary information
- Net income (loss) breakdown
- Comprehensive income (loss)
- Comprehensive income (loss) breakdown
- Net cash flow summary information
- Net cash flow breakdown
- Key financial ratios
Now, imagine being able to drill down into any of those numbers.